} -->
Welcome To Mannastores Blog, You can advertise on this blog by contacting through - mannamart@gmail.com or 08033858078, All comments on this blog are Purely the views Of Readers and Not that Of the admin! Information - Inspiration - Transformation (2IT)

Friday, April 15, 2016

Police arrest landlady for setting tenants’ apartment ablaze






The Lagos State Police Command has arrested a landlady, Mrs. Nike Azeez, for allegedly setting fire to her tenants’ apartment in the Ijegun area of the state.

It was learnt that Azeez, who lives on Two Brothers Street, was arrested on Thursday by the Isheri-Oshun Police Division.

It was gathered that the landlady allegedly set fire to the apartment, rented by a couple – Shakiru Adeleke and Abosede – during an altercation on Tuesday around 8.30am.

It was gathered that the landlady allegedly grabbed the couple’s two-year-old boy, Adam, and dropped him on the ground, before he was rescued by neighbours.

It was learnt that the altercation bordered on Azeez’s alleged insistence that Shakiru and his family should pack out of the house.

A neighbour, who spoke on condition of anonymity, said, “The cause of the disagreement was that the landlady did not want the family in the house again.
“On Tuesday, she took some petrol and poured it around the couple’s apartment before setting fire to it. We quickly mobilised to put out the fire, but it had destroyed the apartment.”

It was learnt that Azeez allegedly absconded from the house on Tuesday, after the matter was reported at the police station. However, she was arrested on Thursday.

The tenant, Shakiru, said, “I rented this house two years ago and I have a small generator which I used. Few weeks ago, the landlord said I should stop using the generator, which I ignored.
“His wife said I must listen to her husband or leave their house. She later brought some people to remove the doors and windows of the house.

“On Tuesday, I was not at home when the incident happened. It was my wife who called me that the landlady had set fire to our apartment. When I got back home, most of my property had been burnt.”
Shakiru’s wife, Abosede, said that she had taken Adam to a hospital.

She said on the telephone, “During the commotion caused by our landlord’s wife, she threw my son over the fence and the boy hit the ground and injured his head.

“I am at the hospital. He has taken an X-ray and other checkups. I cannot estimate how much we have spent since Tuesday to treat him.”

When contacted on the telephone, the landlady’s husband, Jamiu Azeez, admitted that his wife beat up Abosede, Shakiru’s wife, but denied that she set fire to the house.

He said, “I was not there. I only know she went to the apartment to fight and left. People accused her of setting fire to it, but my wife has denied it.

“My tenant’s wife usually cooks in the parlour, and the cooking could have started the fire. My wife said she 
only beat up the tenant’s wife.

“Abosede had once brought thugs to the house to beat up my wife. So, my wife went to revenge. My tenant’s wife also keeps petrol in the house. I had to go and report her to the police to stop doing all that. We settled this matter, but my wife was not aware that we had settled the matter.

“About the injured two-year-old boy, my wife only picked up the boy to threaten his mother to come out of the room where she had locked herself up. It was the neighbours who struggled to take the child from her, and the boy got injured in the process. I am at the station, but my wife is in detention. She did not set fire to the house.”

The Lagos State Police Public Relations Officer, SP Dolapo Badmos, confirmed the incident.
She said, “She will be charged to court as soon as investigation is concluded.”


No comments:

Post a Comment

100 BUSINESS WISDOM FROM THE GREATS – 47 of 100

100 BUSINESS WISDOM FROM THE GREATS THAT MAY CHANGE YOUR BUSINESS FOR GOOD – 47 of 100  The secret of success lies not in you doing y...