} -->
Welcome To Mannastores Blog, You can advertise on this blog by contacting through - mannamart@gmail.com or 08033858078, All comments on this blog are Purely the views Of Readers and Not that Of the admin! Information - Inspiration - Transformation (2IT)

Thursday, September 28, 2017

27-yr-old woman in court for robbery, claims IPO demanded sex to release her

27-yr-old woman in court for robbery, claims IPO demanded sex to release her
A 27-year-old woman named Mrs. Victoria Amodu who is standing trial for alleged conspiracy and armed robbery claimed before Justice Kudirat Jose of an Ikeja High Court, Lagos, that an Investigating Police Officer (IPO) at Special Anti-Robbery Squad (SARS), Ikeja Division demanded sex from her to walk free.

Mrs Amodu who denied the charges leveled against her gave the testimony as a defence witness against Hammed Isiaka, both of whom are standing trial on a six-count charge of conspiracy to commit robbery and armed robbery. The charges against Mrs Amodu and Isiaka read thus in court; “Hammed Isiaka and Victoria Amodu and others now at large on or about August 12, 2014 while armed with a pistol did rob Elizabeth Moses of N35,000 and a cheque of N1.4 million. An offence contrary to Section 295(2)(a) of the Criminal Law No 11 Laws of Lagos State, 2011.”
Mrs Amodu told the court moments after being led in evidence by her lawyer, Nelson Onyejaka, that she was selling bread when police unjustly arrested her and some men on August 12, 2014 at Church bus stop, Badagry, Lagos. She said: “I was arrested by the police when I was selling bread and taken to the station at SARS, Ikeja. When we got to the station, an IPO (name not mentioned) there told me to call someone that would come for my bail. So I decided to call a neighbour; a lady that helps me to look after my kids.  When the lady arrived, the IPO said she cannot sign my bail that a man is required to sign it at the sum of N400,000.  At this point, I was worried because I didn’t know any man to call since I was no longer living with my husband and I was also new in Lagos. So I decided to call my father but he refused to come to the station. My father told me that since I was married he has no hand in anything concerning me. I didn’t know what to do at this time, so I started begging the IPO to let me go and take care of my kids since I didn’t commit any offence. The IPO took me outside the cell to a corner and said that I am a pretty lady and that if I submit myself to him, I would be freed. I got angry and shouted at him why he would make such statement to me. He immediately, dragged me back to the cell. Some others who were arrested that day were released after they paid money, though I don’t know how much they paid. Nights after, the IPO brought out some case files and told me and others in the cell to sign them. He said that when we are done signing, we will be released.
I agreed to sign the documents on the condition that he won’t touch me. But the other men refused saying they can’t sign what they don’t know.
The IPO immediately brought out his gun and threatened to shoot them if they don’t sign and they fearfully signed it.
After signing the documents, we were all taken to a magistrates’ court and from there, to Kirikiri Prison.”
Mrs Amodu after cross examination by the prosecutor, denied knowing the 1st defendant, Isiaka, who is facing same charges with her telling the court that she had never seen him before and only met him for the first time on the day of arraignment in court.
After being led by his lawyer, Mrs. Olamide Amore-Akintoye, Isiaka the 2nd defendant said he was arrested on his way to Seme border while carrying food stuffs belonging to his customer.
Isiaka who denied knowing Mrs Amodu or committing any offense with her said his car was also impounded and he was later locked up since he couldn’t pay for his release.
After listening to the prosecutor, the 1st and 2nd defendant, the case was adjourned till November 29 for adoption of final address by Justice Jose.

No comments:

Post a Comment

100 BUSINESS WISDOM FROM THE GREATS – 47 of 100

100 BUSINESS WISDOM FROM THE GREATS THAT MAY CHANGE YOUR BUSINESS FOR GOOD – 47 of 100  The secret of success lies not in you doing y...