} -->
Welcome To Mannastores Blog, You can advertise on this blog by contacting through - mannamart@gmail.com or 08033858078, All comments on this blog are Purely the views Of Readers and Not that Of the admin! Information - Inspiration - Transformation (2IT)

Tuesday, October 13, 2015

BRANDON EPSTEIN: The Entrepreneurial Time Machine

Do you believe in time travel?
I do..
Though I’ve not fully figured it out – I can say definitively that it is
 possible to distort time. With practice you can both slow down and
 speed up time.
This is possible, because time is a product of your perception.
If you put your head down and only focus on your work without
 any other distractions for this next year I guarantee that is going 
to be one of the fastest or shortest years of your life depending on 
how you go about focusing.

Your brain reacts to novel stimulus and gives you the perception
 that time is moving slower than it actually is. That’s why when 
you go on a long day of travel in new places it feels like you have
 been on the road for days when in reality it may have only been 
one day. This was also apparent during the first year of running my 
online business.
There was so much to learn and so much new stimulus that this 
really has felt like the longest year of my life.
Reflecting on the past year has me thinking about time as an
 entrepreneur and how valuable it is to use time to our utmost 
advantage.
There are a ton of productivity hacks out there that are supposed to
 help you get more done in less time, but I am going to make the 
argument that maybe that’s not the best way to look at getting from 
point A to point B.
Yes, I agree it’s important to be as efficient as possible, but I 
also believe there should be some fluidity in your day to day 
schedule.
The best way to do that in my opinion is to split up your time in a 
way that strategically keeps you fresh and ready to perform at peak
 levels.
Idealy when you are doing any sort of creative work you will get 
the feeling of slowing down time. This is also referred to as getting
 into your zone or into flow.
When you are crushing through some admin or less brain intensive
 activities you want to feel like time is moving very fast as you get
 through that stuff.
Strategically structuring your day, so you batch the slow moving 
time and the fast moving time activities separately will help you 
maintain the fluidity of your schedule and allow you to get more 
done in seemingly less time.
The reason I say seemingly is because the only thing that really 
matters is your perception of time.
The time machine exists in your own mind.
You can create a 100 million dollar business in 10 years if you 
only focus on business and neglect all other parts of your life, but 
at the end of those 10 years you may have hated the process so 
much that time it felt like it took you 30 years to build that 
business.
Is it worth it to speed up time like that if you’re not enjoying it?
That’s up to your personal preference.
My belief is that the only reason to start a business is so you can 
experience a large amount of happiness, so if your happiness is 
being interfered with significantly by your entrepreneurial journey,
 than I would consider taking a step back.
Start loving the heck out of the time you have now by slowing
 down time in the areas that you enjoy most.
The first year with my internet business was one of the most 
fulfilling and joyful experiences of my life. It has felt like an 
eternity of time, because I slowed it down. I traveled, I fell in love,
 I learned a ton, I ran experiments and above all else I kept one 
thought at the forefront of my mind..
Everything is happening for my best interest.
If I can let you in on a little secret I’ll share with you 
that everything is happening for your best interest as well.
So – what’s the best way to distort time, so you can enjoy the
 journey?
Use it to your advantage. Slow down and cherish your opportunity
 to learn and discover everyday. Speed up and crush through the 
repeatable tasks that you need to get done.
Your perception is shaping how you experience time and
 everything else in life.
Perceive it wisely.

No comments:

Post a Comment

100 BUSINESS WISDOM FROM THE GREATS – 47 of 100

100 BUSINESS WISDOM FROM THE GREATS THAT MAY CHANGE YOUR BUSINESS FOR GOOD – 47 of 100  The secret of success lies not in you doing y...