} -->
Welcome To Mannastores Blog, You can advertise on this blog by contacting through - mannamart@gmail.com or 08033858078, All comments on this blog are Purely the views Of Readers and Not that Of the admin! Information - Inspiration - Transformation (2IT)

Thursday, September 08, 2016

Journalist Ahmad Salkida releases statement, says he was never arrested by the military

Journalist Ahmad Salkida who was declared wanted last month by the Nigerian Army over his closeness to the Boko Haram sect, says contrary to reports, he was never arrested by security agents.

Ahmad arrived Nigeria on Monday September 5th and it was widely reported that he was arrested by the State Security Service. In a statement he released yesterday, Ahmad made the clarification and also thanked everyone who stood by him. Read the statement after the cut...





In response to the demand by Nigerian security authorities for me to clear my name, I flew into Abuja on Monday, 5th September. Contrary to reports, I was not arrested. I had very engaging conversations with officers. The atmosphere was mutually respectful. The discussions opened useful insights that are benefiting to both sides on the discussion table. I wish to thank most especially family friends & professional colleagues who believed & trusted that my outputs have only solely been driven by professional considerations. And to those who never believed, who have used hate, threats and intimidation, I thank you also. Finally, let me make it clear that my commitment and professional obligations is strong, I am not about to shift grounds professionally. My commitment and professional obligations to Nigeria remain unshaken and undiminished. I am now working on my next exclusive report.

No comments:

Post a Comment

100 BUSINESS WISDOM FROM THE GREATS – 47 of 100

100 BUSINESS WISDOM FROM THE GREATS THAT MAY CHANGE YOUR BUSINESS FOR GOOD – 47 of 100  The secret of success lies not in you doing y...